Recipe by Guy Fieri
- 1 (200g) tin chipotle peppers (including adobo sauce)
- 1L buttermilk
- 900g chicken fillets
- 140g masa
- 180g panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp salt
- Rapeseed oil, for frying
- Cool cucumber coleslaw, recipe follows
- Coriander sprigs
- Cucumber wedges
For the cool cucumber slaw:
- 2 cucumbers, coarsely shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- 480ml Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- 1 small carrot, finely shredded
- 1 spring onion, thinly
- 1/2 tsp white sugar
How to make Kickin' chipotle fried chicken fillets with cool cucumber coleslaw
1) Pour the chipotle peppers and adobo sauce into a blender. Add 240ml of the buttermilk; cover and process until the peppers are completely pureed.
2) Place the chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag and add the buttermilk mixture and the remaining buttermilk over the chicken. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
3) Combine the masa, panko, salt and pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Drain the chicken pieces and add to the masa mixture, 1 at a time, shaking to coat. Shake off the excess; place on greaseproof paper for 15 minutes before frying.
4) Heat 10cm depth of oil to 170C in a large cast iron pan or deep fryer. Fry the chicken pieces for about 4 minutes on each side or until browned on all sides.
5) Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a kitchen towel lined platter. Once well drained, keep the chicken warm on a wire rack over a baking sheet in the oven until ready to serve.
6) Serve the chicken on a large platter with the cool cucumber coleslaw on the side. Garnish with coriander sprigs and cucumber wedges.
Cool cucumber coleslaw:
1) Stir together the cucumber and salt. Place in a colander over a mixing bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2) Discard the liquid and place the cucumber in mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
3) Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours, preferably overnight. Serve chilled.
Yield: 6 servings
- Oak Town garlic vinegar chicken
- Big bud's beer can chicken
- Chicken burgers
- Chicken cordon bleu
- German chocolate cake
- Grapefruit and ginger punch
- Happy birthday Stacey fried chicken...
- Super duper chicken nuggets
- Big Mama's kitchen: Oven fried chic...
- Battered chicken wings with pomegra...
- Meat pies
- Trucker special sandwich with roast...