1. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the bacon and sauté until edges are crispy, about 2-3 minutes.
2. Using a slotted spoon remove the bacon from the frying pan and let drain on kitchen towels. Reduce heat to medium and add the carrots and garlic to the frying pan.
3. Cook, stirring constantly, until carrots are just softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Then mix in the mushrooms, courgette, spring onions and kimchi, and continue to sauté until tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Return the bacon to the pan. Add the rice and mix to incorporate well using a wooden spoon to break up the rice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Transfer fried rice to a serving plate or platter, top with the fried eggs and garnish with spring onions.