- 4 submarine roll
- 8 salami
- 4 bologna
- 4 honey-roasted ham
- 4 American cheese
- 0.25 onions
- 0.50 ounce lettuce
- 2 tomato
- 1 ounce banana peppers
- 1 dill pickles
- 1 ounce yellow mustard
How to make Kmart Sub's - a Blast from the Past!
- Slice all of your veg; dill pickle, tomato, lettuce and onion. Layout your meats in a stack and slice them half. Slice your cheese in half.
- Open the rolls without breaking the hinge of the bread. Squirt on the mustard in a V shape pattern across both the top and bottom bun.
- TOP BUN: Place 4-6 pickle slivers on the top bun.
- BOTTOM BUN: 4 salami halves. 2 bologna halves. 2 cheese slices. 2 ham halves. 4 tomato slices. Shredded lettuce. 4-8 pepper rings.
- Carefully close the sandwich and wrap it in foil or plastic wrap and allow to sit either at room temperature or in the refrigerator, for 30 minutes.
- Unwrap and serve!
- NOTE: K-Mart used Honey Loaf Ham. I cannot locate it on the West coast, but Mom says she still buys it in the deli back in Ohio. If you can find it, use it! The stuff is addicting.
(Courtesy of Food.com)