2) Heat the olive oil in large heavy saucepan over a medium heat. Add onions and cook until wilted and dark brown, stirring occasionally.
3) Add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Add oregano and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute 3 minutes. Add both broths and the lime juice and bring to a simmer.
4) Simmer a few minutes, then add the beer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer gently for 10 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, drink the rest of the beer, you've earned it! Taste and adjust seasoning.
5) Preheat the grill and move the rack to the second level below the grill element.
6) Ladle the soup into the bowls. Add to each bowl some avocado, tomatoes, spring onions, coriander and jalapenos. Top each bowl with a baked tortilla round then cheese.
7) Grill until the cheese is melty and lusciously brown. Garnish with lime slices, a little leftover coriander and serve with beer, if desired. Vive la revolucion!
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore we cannot make representation as to the results.