If you have rack of lamb – cut into cutlets or buy as cutlets.
1. In a mortar add the ginger, garlic, and lots of red chilies and grind/pound.
2. Then mix the shrimp paste and ground peppercorns into a paste in a pestle and mortar or blend in small blender.
3. Add the mint and Vietnamese mint to the garlic, ginger paste.
4. Reserve a third of the mixture for the dipping sauce.
5. Rub the remaining paste on the lamb – coat well.
6. Wrap the pandan leaves around each cutlet and secure with a cocktail stick. Leave to marinade in the fridge for a couple of hours. The longer the better (overnight preferably).
7. Make sure the meat is room temperature before cooking. Then grill in a griddle pan or barbecue for approximately 12-15 mins until the lamb is cooked to your liking.
8. For the dipping sauce, add soy sauce, sugar, vinegar to the remaining marinade and stir well.