1. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
2. Saute the red onions and shredded lime leaves until soft and golden.
3. Add the garlic and cook until soft.
4. Add the roasted chilli paste and the chicken and fish sauce and cook until the chicken is cooked through but not browned. Add some water to stop it drying out and sticking. Next, add the palm sugar.
5. Leave to chill at room temperature and add the herbs, saw tooth coriander, fresh mint and garlic chives and mix through gently.
6. Serve on radicchio leaves, baby gem lettuce or cucumber boats and garnish with spring onions and the toasted rice.