Recipe by: Ina Garten
- 3 lemons
- 300g caster sugar
- 110g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 extra-large eggs
- 125ml lemon juice (3 to 4 lemons)
- 1/8 tsp salt
How to make Lemon curd
1) Using a carrot peeler, remove the zest of three lemons, being careful to avoid the white pith. Put the zest in a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Add the caster sugar and pulse until the zest is very finely minced into the caster sugar.
2) Cream the butter and beat in the sugar and lemon mixture. Add the eggs, one at a time, then add the lemon juice and salt. Mix until combined.
3) Pour the mixture into a 2L saucepan and cook over low heat until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring constantly. The lemon curd will thicken at about 80C, or just below simmer.
4) Remove from the heat, pour into jars and cool or refrigerate.