Age Restricted Content
- 130g plain flour
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 40g softened salted butter
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 egg
- 120ml whole milk
- 300g sugar
- 80g salted butter
- 20ml whole milk
- 30ml lemon juice
How to make Lemon Drop Cupcakes
1. Put the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl: Flour, sugar, baking powder, zest and butter (treat butter as 'dry' for our purposes). Mix until you have an even sandy consistency.
2. Measure out the milk in a jug, add the egg andwell. Drizzle into the flour whilst mixing, until you have a smooth batter.
3. Spoon evenly into 12 cupcake cases and bake at 170°C for 20 minutes until bounce back to the touch. Cool on a wire rack and in the meantime make theby mixing all the ingredients together for several minutes until light and fluffy.
4. It is hard to over mix, so just keep going until it is really pale and fluffy. Add more milk/lemon juice or sugar to change the consistency. You should aim for something that holds its shape without being too stiff.
the on top of the cakes using a reusable bag and large star nozzle and decorate as required.