- 500g pecans
- 45ml lemon extract
- 625 plain flour, plus extra for flouring
- 500g sultanas
- 125g glace cherries
- 450g sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
How to make Lemon pecan cake
1) Soak the pecans in the lemon extract. Seal tightly and set aside for twenty-four hours. Shake occasionally to distribute the essence.
2) Place the sultanas, cherries and nuts in a bowl and toss with a little flour to lightly coat everything with flour. In a separate bowl, cream the sugar andand add the eggs one at a time. Sift the flour with the baking powder and salt. Incorporate the flour mixture into the mixture and then fruits and nuts.
3) Preheat the oven to 140C/Gas 1 and coat a large cake tin with flour. Pour the batter into the tin and bake the cake for 2 hours, or use two 25cm by 5cm tins and adjust the cooking time as necessary.
4) At 45 minutes it would be wise to start checking the cake to make sure the top is not burning. When a cocktail stick inserted in the centre come out clean, remove the cake from the oven and turn out to cool on a wire rack.
- Hopped-up on caffeine rich chocolat...
- Almond shortbreads
- Pumpkin biscuits with cream cheese....
- Griddled cake sundaes with raspberr...
- Chocolate oat cakes
- 24 karrot gold cupcakes
- Chocolate port cupcakes
- Spicy double dark chocolate cupcake...
- Triple hazelnut cake with chocolate...
- Red velvet cake
- Sweet potato layer cake with spiced...
- Apple nutmeg pine nut cakes with br...