Serves: 16 cakes1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas mark 4. Line 2 standard muffin tins with 16 foil cupcake liners; set aside.
2) Place the shortbread crumbs, sugar and melted butter in a medium bowl, stir until well combined and then set aside.
3) In the mixing bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add the eggs 1 at a time and mix just until combined.
4) Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the vegetable oil, water and the custard powder and mix until combined. Add the cake mix and beat on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes. The batter will be on the thick side.
5) Place a slightly heaped tbsp of shortbread mixture into the bottom of each prepared cupcake liner. Use your fingers or the bottom of a small glass to firmly pack the crumbs into the bottom. Reserve any remaining shortbread mixture for topping.
6) Use a spring-loaded ice cream scoop and place a level scoop full of batter into each cupcake liner.
7) Put the lemon curd into a small sandwich-size sealable plastic bag, removing the air from the bag before sealing. Squeeze the curd to 1 corner of the bag and use scissors to snip a 0.5cm piece from the corner; set aside.
8) With a damp finger, or the end of a wooden spoon dipped in water, make a shallow indentation in the centre of each cupcake. Pipe 3/4 to 1 tsp lemon curd into each indentation.
9) Sprinkle the tops of the cupcakes evenly with the remaining shortbread crumbs. Bake for 21 to 23 minutes, rotating the tins halfway through baking, until the edges of the cupcakes are lightly golden brown.
10) Serve the cupcakes warm from the oven or at room temperature.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore we cannot make representation as to the results.