2) Lightly flour the working surface. Turn the dough mixture onto the floured working surface and continue to knead until it is smooth. Cover the dough with a clean towel and let it rest for approximately 15 minutes.
3) Once the dough has rested, divide it into 4 pieces. Re-flour each piece thoroughly. Using a rolling pin, flatten each piece of dough until it is approximately 0.3cm thick.
4) Using a pizza cutter, cut each piece of dough into strips approximately 1cm wide and each strip into little nuggets approximately 2cm wide. Using the tip of a dinner fork slightly tilted on an angle, press each nugget into the fork tip and roll downward. This will give you a little round piece of dough with ridges.
5) Place the finished gnocchi on a floured tray until the process has been completed with all of the remaining dough. Meanwhile bring 6L of water to a rolling boil.
6) Add the finished gnocchi carefully to the boiling water and stir completely to avoid sticking. Reduce the heat to a slow boil and cook the gnocchi for approximately 8 minutes or until the desired tenderness is attained.
7) Drain the gnocchi thoroughly using a colander and serve immediately with your favourite sauce.