- 1 red onion
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 900g cream cheese
- 450g Cheddar,
- 1 bunch spring onions,
- 4 tbsp Sriracha (Thai hot sauce, available at most markets)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 10 (20cm) flour tortillas
- 900g thawed frozen or fresh cooked lobster meat
- 2 tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- Salsa, guacamole and sour cream, to serve
How to make Lobster quesadillas
1) Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6. Cut the onion and tomatoes in half and place on a baking tray. Put into the hot oven and roast for 15 minutes or until softened. Remove the onion and tomato and allow to cool slightly, thencoarsely.
2) Combine the onion, tomatoes, cheeses, spring onions, Sriracha and lime juice together in a mixer. Spread 115g of the mixture on a 20cm flour tortilla. Add 85g of lobster meat evenly on 1/2 the tortilla and fold over to create a half moon shape. Repeat with each tortilla.
3) Add the oil to a large heavy pan over a medium heat and pan-fry each tortilla until brown and crispy, about 3 minutes per side. Cut into wedges and serve with salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.