Made this? How was it?
- 30ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 small head red cabbage, cleaned and cut into 0.25cm
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 225g red wine vinegar
- 2 iceberg lettuce heads, cleaned and cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 340g blue cheese dressing, thick and chunky
How to make Long Beach coleslaw
1) Heat the olive oil in a medium saute pan over a medium heat, add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, do not allow to brown.
2) Add the cabbage, pepper, salt and vinegar. Mix thoroughly, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the cabbage is tender.
3) Remove to a bowl and leave to chill in the refrigerator until cool.
4) Add the iceberg lettuce to a large salad bowl and toss with blue cheese dressing.
5) Strain the cabbage mixture of any liquid and lightly mix with the lettuce and blue cheese dressing. Add pepper, to taste.