1) Chef's note: You will need a 90 litre pot with a basket with a propane burner, like the ones to deep-fry a turkey or the biggest pot with a basket insert you can find. It's best to do this boiling outside.
2) To clean your crawfish, first hose the whole bag of them down until the water runs pretty clear. Then open the bag and dump the crawfish out into a big ice cooler, with the drain open, and hose them down again. Toss and spray and drain until the water runs clear. Discard any grass, trash, pebbles and dead crawfish you find. Don't keep the crawfish under water too long as they need air to live.
3) Combine mustard seeds, coriander seeds, allspice, dill seeds, crushed red chilli flakes and cloves in cheesecloth and tie it up tight.
4) Fill the pot, with the basket in it, half way with water and set it over the burner. Fire it up. Bring the water to a rolling boil and dump in all the ingredients, including the cheesecloth sachet, except for the crawfish.
5) Let the water boil for 10 minutes and then remove the basket from the pot, add the crawfish and drop it back into the water. Boil for 10 to 15 minutes.
6) Spread newspapers out on a picnic table. Carefully, remove the basket of boiled crawfish from the pot, let them drain a bit and pour them out onto the newspaper.
7) Plate ingredients and serve.