For the chocolate sheet cake:
(This is a creaming method recipe)
1) Preheat your oven at 160C/Gas 3. Grease a 1/2 flat baking tray with cooking spray then a piece of greaseproof paper.
2) Cream butter, sugar and cocoa powder. Slowly add your eggs, scraping down the sides in between. Combine the dry ingredients. Alternately add the dry ingredients with the warm water. Scrape down the side to make sure there are no lumps. Pour the whole batter into the pan and place in the oven. Turn cake after the first 5 minutes then bake another 5 minutes. When the cake is ready it will separate from the sides and bounce back when touched.
For the mocha ganache for glazing:
In a saucepan combine cream, glucose, instant espresso, vanilla essence and salt and bring to a simmer.
Chop the chocolate and set aside in a bowl. Strain the hot cream mixture. Temper the hot liquid over the chopped chocolate and stir until the mixture is combined and shiny. Add in the butter, and continue stirring. Set in the refrigerator.
milk chocolate Irish cream ice cream:
Combine milk, cream, vanilla extract, liquid glucose, and 1/2 the amount of sugar into a pot and bring up to a simmer. Temper the hot liquid into the chopped chocolate continue stirring until completely melted. Stir the melted chocolate into the pot. Bring the hot cream back up to a simmer. Combine the yolks and the remaining 1/2 amount of sugar in a bowl and whisk till well combined. Temper you egg mixture into the hot liquid cook until it coats the back of the spoon. Strain through a chinois. Mix in the Irish cream liqueur, and a pinch of salt. Put into a water bath to chill.
When the base is cold pour into the ice cream machine and spin.
For the whipped cream:
1)In the stand mixer combine all ingredients. Using the whip attachment on a high setting and whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks.
For the chocolate ribbon:
1)Melt chocolate over a double boiler, stirring.
For the espresso soak:
1)Bring sugar and water up to a boil on medium heat. Add espresso and strain through a chinois.
1) In round cake mould, layer chocolate sheet cake and glaze with mocha ganache, then chill.
2) Flip glaze chocolate cake layer so that the ganache is on the bottom of the cake mold.
3)Layer milk chocolate ice cream (that has been frozen on the flat tray and cut out to fit mold), chocolate cake, mocha ganache glaze then ice cream. Repeat ice cream, cake, ganache layers if desired, then chill.
4) While chilling, cover acetate* strip with tempered chocolate and chill.
5) Wrap chocolate strip around cake, cover top with tempered chocolate, chill.
6) Garnish with whipped cream and serve.
*Acetate can be found in baking supply stores
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.