1. For the cheese sauce, melt butter in medium sauce pan over a medium heat.
2. Add flour, cook for 2-3 mins. Salt and Pepper to taste.
3. Slowly pour in milk till thick and mix continuously till smooth.
4. Add grated cheese and hot sauce, stir through till cheese is melted.
5. Turn heat off and add cooked macaroni to cheese sauce, mix through.
6. Place into lined tray and cover with cling film to set for 3 hours (over night).
7. When ready to serve, remove tray from fridge and tip macaroni out of tray. Cut into 3cm squares.
8. For frying, roll squares in flour, Dip in eggs then coat in breadcrumbs. Refrigerate till needed.
9. Deep fry till golden. Lay on paper towel to drain excess oil.
1. Spoon mayonnaise onto serving board/plate. Arrange croquettes to serve.
2. Finish with baby cress and a sprinkle of salt.