1. In a small bowl, mix together the cornflower and the cold water. Make sure the cornflower has completely dissolved and that there are no lumps.
2. Heat a little vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan and add the onion. Allow them to soften slightly, then add the garlic and cook for about 1 – 2 minutes, taking care not to burn it.
3. Add the carrots, mushrooms and pak choy and prawns and cook for 2 minutes. Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine vinegar and white pepper, then add the cornflour with water and allow to cook for approximately 2 minutes and cook for a further 2 - 3 until the prawns are cooked through.
4. Heat a little vegetable oil in a separate frying pan and fry the eggs, one at a time. Cook them sunny side up, making sure you baste the top of the egg with hot oil so that it is sealed on top – this should take about 1 – 2 minutes. Sprinkle some chives on top.
5. To serve, put an egg into each cereal bowl, and divide the prawn and vegetable mixture into each of them and press down firmly.
6. Turn out on to a plate – you should have a perfect round shape and you can reveal the egg at the table.