2) Using a mortar, mash the chilli, parsley and the salt.
3) Heat the vegetable oil in a medium frying pan over low heat, add the spices and herb seasoning and saute for 1 minute. Add to the bowl with the malanga paste.
4) Stir in the black pepper, cover and let stand for 1 hour. The batter can be refrigerated for up to 1 day.
5) Coat a heavy pan with oil over a medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, drop tbsp of batter into the hot oil. Do not crowd the pan.
6) Fry the fritters until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove to paper towels to drain. Transfer to a serving platter and serve hot.
For the spices and herb seasoning:
1) Put the 10 first ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add the parsley and stir to combine.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore we cannot make any representation as to the results.