1) In a small bowl, pour vermouth over dried cherries to rehydrate. Macerate for 30 minutes or until cherries are plump.
2) Meanwhile, using a double boiler, melt chocolate and butter together. Remove melted chocolate from heat and stir in whiskey.
3) In a separate bowl whisk egg yolks, then slowly add in thirds to the melted chocolate. In a large bowl whip egg whites to stiff peaks. Whisk 1/3 of the whites into the chocolate then gently fold in the remainder.
4) Pour into 4 individual serving dishes and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
5) Remove dishes from the refrigerator, top with macerated cherries and serve.