- 4 loaves bread
- 2 medium sweet potato
- 2 fresh orange juice
- 4 tablespoons orange zest
- 0.50 maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.50 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 0.50 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 large shallot
- 0.50 red onions
- 2 garlic clove
- 0.50 dried cranberries
- 0.25 walnuts
- 0.50 scallions
- 1 to taste crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 to taste flat leaf parsley
How to make Maple-Orange Glazed Chicken and Sweet Potatoes in a Bread Bowl
- Make a 1/2-inch deep cut horizontally across the top of the bread loaves. Using a sharp knife, hollow to form a large bowl. Set aside. (BE CAREFUL TO NOT BREAK THROUGH THE SIDES OR THE BOTTOM CRUST). Cut the scopped out bread into crouton sized cubes an
- Place sweet potatoes in a large pot; add enough water to cover. Cook over a high flame and bring to a boil, lower flame to medium-high and cook until tender (about 3 - 5 minutes); drain and set aside.
- Make the glaze by whisking together the orange juice, orange zest, maple syrup, brown sugar, cloves, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large-wide skillet over a medium-high flame. Season the chicken cubes with salt, pepper, onion powder, rosemary, and ginger. Sauté for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the center is no longer pink. Remove the chicken an
- Heat HALF of the maple-orange glaze in a suace pan until thick and bubbly, about 15 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to the skillet. Sauté shallots and red onion over a medium-high flame until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic to the onion and cook it just long enough to coat with oil. To the skillet, add the chicken, sweet potatoes
- In small bowl, mix together cranberries, walnuts, scallions and red pepper. In large mixing bowl, gently toss the glazed chicken and sweet potatoes, the cranberry mixture, and the baked croutons - If desired, drizzle additional glaze to thoroughly coat th
- Divide and transfer to the hollowed bread loaves; sprinkle with parsley to garnish. Place the "bread bowls" on a plate or in a deep soup bowl. Serve with extra maple-orange glaze on the side.
- DON'T FORGET -- YOU CAN EAT THE BOWL!
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- Jezebel's glazed pork chops on pime...
- Tangerine-maple glazed chicken thig...
- Roasted turkey with maple cranberry...
- Andy's Maple-Glazed Ham
- Roast poussin/Cornish hen and sweet...
- Smoky sweet potato chicken soup
- Honey-glazed Duck Breast with Sweet...
- Sweet Potato Doughnuts with Maple I...
- Garam masala rubbed cornish hen wit...
- Maple sweet potato upside-down cake...
- Orange scented mashed sweet potatoe...
- Sweet potato waffles