- 0.50 maple
- 1 water
How to make Maple Syrup Crystals
- Pour syrup in pre-heated skillet over medium flame.
- When bubbly, stir constantly and cook another 4 minutes.
- Pour into silicone baking pan (never tried anything else, so use something else at your own caution shouldn't be enough to fill entirely, you need room to work it).
- before completely cooled (but no longer scalding!) gently stretch out to thin and add air into it.
- It should be a tacky taffy/candy like consistency at this time.
- Pull into a long thin rod (or a couple rods - no science here).
- Once hardened, crack and store in a air tight container - store in a cool place.
- Sprinkle on things as you please!
(Courtesy of Food.com)