2) In a mixer, blend dry ingredients, shortening and butter together thoroughly until mixture looks like bread crumbs.
2) Add most of the milk and mix for about 30 seconds. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl, adding more milk to completely moisten dough. Be careful not to over mix.
3) Flour hands and divide the dough in half and place on 2 pieces of floured baking paper. Re-flour hands and shape dough into a large circle about 25cm in diameter. Place about 75g of marion berries evenly on each circle, leaving a 5cm edge. Re-flour the baking papers. Re-flour hands and fold up edges to completely cover marion berries. Flatten out scone with floured hands to 10 inches in diameter. Cut into 6 pie shaped pieces and sprinkle with sugar.
4) Bake for 20 minutes, rotating once halfway through the cooking time. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
For the icing: 1) Combine all ingredients in medium bowl. Mix for about 30 seconds or until thick.
2) Drizzle scones with lemon icing. Let icing harden before serving.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.