For the pork chops:
1) Season chops with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
2) Cook pork 5 minutes on the first side until deeply golden, turn and cook 3 to 4 minutes more with a loose foil tent over the pan. Remove cooked chops to a plate and cover to keep warm.
For the mashed sweet potatoes:
1) In a medium pot add sweet potatoes and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until fork tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
2) Drain cooked sweet potatoes and return pan to the heat.
3) Melt 2 tbsps butter and combine with marmalade and stock. Add potatoes and mash, season with salt and pepper.
For the sauteed apples and onions:
1) Heat 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
2) Add the onions and apples. Season with salt, pepper and thyme and cook until just tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
3) Douse with juice of a lemon and remove onions and apples to a bowl; keep warm.
For the cider gravy:
1) Add 2 tbsps of butter to the fryin pan, melt then whisk in plain flour. Cook for 1 minute then whisk in cider and stock. Season the gravy with salt and pepper.
2) Thicken the gravy, 4 to 5 minutes over medium-low heat.
3) Serve chop covered with apples and onions, gravy poured down over top, sweet potatoes alongside.