2) Stir in oregano, thyme, red pepper, salt and chilli flakes, to taste. Heat through, then reduce the heat and stir in the fresh basil. Reserve the sauce until required.
For the meat-za:
1) In a large frying pan, brown the Italian sausage. Drain and set aside. Cut the andouille sausage into bite size pieces, heat through and brown in the same pan. Remove from the pan and mix with the Italian sausage.
2) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Take about 250ml of the marinara sauce and cover the bottom of a 23cm by 33cm lasagne dish. Arrange sheets of lasagna to cover the bottom of the dish.
3) On top of the noodles place about 8 slices of the provolone cheese in 1 layer. Spread 1/2 of the ricotta cheese on top of the provolone. Spread 1/2 of the sausage mixture on top of the cheese. Spread out 1/2 of the slices of pepperoni on top of the sausage.
4) Spread 1/2 the remaining sauce on top. Repeat the layers: noodles, provolone, ricotta, sausage, pepperoni, sauce. Finish off the top with the shredded mozzerella cheese.
5) Cover the dish with foil and bake in the oven about 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes until golden brown and bubbly. Leave to stand for 15 minutes then serve.