1) Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan set over medium heat.
2) Cook the onion and garlic until softened but not browned. Let cool and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Squeeze the excess milk from the bread and add the bread to the bowl. Add the beef.
3) Heat the remaining 60ml oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
4) Dust the meatballs in flour and shallow-fry them until golden brown. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
5) To serve: Place on a platter and garnish with lemon wedges and torn mint leaves.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation.