Made this? How was it?
- Chipotle Crema:
- 2 large chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely , plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 Mexican crema (can substitute creme fraiche)
- 1/2 mayonnaise
- Avocado Spread:
- 1 1/2 lightly Hass avocado
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 2 1/2 tablespoons adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces Oaxacan cheese, separated into thin strings (can substitute mozzarella)
- 4 sesame seed buns, split
- Corn tortilla chips
- 4 very thin red onion
- 5 papalo leaves, finely minced (can substitute 1/4 coriander sprigs, plus 2 tablespoons watercress leaves)
How to make Mexican cemita burger
For the chipotle crema:
1) In a small mixing bowl combine the chipotle, adobo sauce, garlic, Mexican crema, and mayonnaise. Mix until well combined and set aside.
For the avocado spread:
1) In a small mixing bowl combine the avocado and lime juice. Season, to taste, with salt and set aside.
For the patties:
1) Combine the beef, adobo sauce, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well, handling the meat as little as possible to avoid compacting. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and form into patties to fit the size of the buns.
2) Heat a large skillet over high heat. When oil is hot, add burgers. Cook for 3 minutes, then flip burgers. Top the burgers with Oaxacan cheese and cover with aluminum foil. Cook until the burgers are cooked medium-rare, about 3 to 4 minutes. Toast the buns.
3) To assemble the burgers, spread some Chipotle Crema on the cut sides of the buns. On each bun bottom, add some corn tortilla chips, a cheese-topped patty, onion, equal amounts of avocado Spread, and papalo. Cover with the bun tops and serve.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs cannot make representation as to the results.
- Lamb panini with bourbon sultana sa...
- Lobster and scallop ceviche
- Mexican beef stew over chipotle swe...
- Buffalo-style beef tacos (kids in t...
- Coconut basil chicken burgers with....
- Honey-chipotle glazed beef burgers....
- Southwest chilli burgers with avo...
- The wonders of macaroni
- Grilled pork burgers Indochine
- Chicken sausage burgers with balsam...
- Jalapeno wrapped prawns
- Bluesiana burger