1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/Gas 4.
2) Place the chicken breasts skin side up on a baking tray. Rub with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until done.
3) When the chicken is cool enough to handle, discard the skin and bones, and shred the meat. Cover and set aside.
4) Meanwhile, heat 3 tbsp of olive oil in a large pot or casserole dish. Add the onions, celery, and carrots and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, or until the onions start to brown. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the chicken stock, tomatoes with their puree, jalapenos, cumin, coriander, 1 tbsp salt (depending on the saltiness of the chicken stock), 1 tsp pepper, and the coriander, if using.
5) Cut the tortillas in 1/2, then cut them crosswise into 0.5cm strips and add to the soup.
6) Bring the soup to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 25 minutes. Add the shredded chicken and season to taste.
7) Serve the soup hot topped with sliced avocado, a dollop of soured cream, grated cheddar cheese, and broken tortilla chips.