1) Put the soft tortilla in a frying pan over low to medium heat to warm throughout the process.
2) Mix the tortilla chips, jalapenos, tomatoes, and onions and saute over medium heat until the onions are mostly translucent (don't let the chips burn).
3) On the other side of the pan, add the cheese and heat until melted, while cooking the rest of the dish.
4) Add the egg to the vegetables, scramble together and heat until the egg is cooked. Scoop off the egg mixture and place on top of the cheese.
5) Take off the cheese and egg and serve on the warmed soft tortilla. Top with salsa, if desired.