1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees C/Gas 4 and heat oil in a large pan or deep-fryer.
2) Peel the aubergine and slice into 0.5-cm thick slices. Coat each side of the aubergine with the flour.
3) In a separate bowl beat 4 eggs and dip the aubergine into the egg to coat both sides. Then take your bread crumbs and do the same to coat each side.
4) Once the oil is hot, put the aubergine in the hot oil and fry until golden brown. You can also use a deep-fryer and leave in for about 2 to 3 minutes.
5) Once all of the aubergine has been fried, get a rectangular baking pan and start the layering by adding the marinara sauce to the bottom of the pan, then the aubergine, more sauce, fresh mozzarella, Romano cheese, and continue to layer until you have reached the top of the pan. Top off with sauce, mozzarella, and grated Romano.
6) Place the aubergine into the oven and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.