Recipe by Keegan Gerhard
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 225g flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 30g dark chocolate
- 30g milk chocolate
- 60ml water
- 110g unsalted butter
- 225g plus 85g sugar
- 110g egg yolks
- 110g egg whites
- 235ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
How to make Milk chocolate cupcakes
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C/Gas 4.
1) Prepare a cupcake/fairy cake tin with paper liners and lightly spray with nonstick spray. Sift the cake f;our, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
2) Melt chocolates and water over low heat in a double boiler.
3) In a mixer with a paddle attachment, slowly cream butter and 225g of sugar. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, and beat until fluffy.
4) In a separate bowl, with a mixer and wire attachment, egg whites and 85g of sugar until stiff peaks form.
5) Combine milk and vanilla in a measuring glass. Fold melted chocolate mixture into butter mixture. Alternately fold the flour mixture and milk mixture into the butter mixture. Gently fold in the egg whites.
6) Fill cupcake 2/3 full and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Chocolate orange cake
- Hopped-up on caffeine rich chocolat...
- Butter cake
- Colorado black bear cake
- Rich chocolate cake with a New York...
- Colette's chocolate bourbon coconut...
- Vanilla velvet/chocolate cake
- Chocolate devil's food cupcakes
- Vanilla butter cake and Swiss butte...
- Red velvet cake
- Warm chocolate cake
- Chocolate cake with a warm creamy c...