1. For the shortcrust, mix together the flour and sugar, then rub together the flour, sugar, salt and butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Then beat together the egg yolk and whole egg and slowly add these, mixing until the pastry forms a ball. Wrap the dough and chill for at least half an hour.
Note: If you're using a food processor, attach the dough blade, add all the ingredients and pulse until the dough comes together in a ball. Wrap the dough and chill for at least half an hour.
2. Preheat the oven at 160°C/Gas 3.
3) Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to 2mm thickness. Use to line a 28cm/4cm tart ring placed on a baking sheet. Rest the lined tart ring in the fridge for 20 mins.
3. Line the filled tart ring with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans to keep the dough from losing its shape, and bake blind for about 20 mins. Remove the greaseproof paper and baking beans and return to the oven for 5 to 8 mins or until the shortcrust is starting to turn golden.
4. Turn the oven down to 140°C/Gas 1.
5. For the filling, bring the cream and milk to the boil and pour over the chocolate and stir until chocolate and cream are mixed. Allow to cool for 5 mins. Beat the eggs then add to the chocolate and mix well.
6. Fill the shortcrust with the chocolate filling. Carefully place in the middle of the oven and bake for 30 to 40 mins. or until the filling appears set but with a slight wobble.
7. Allow to cool to room temperature before serving.