Made this? How was it?
For the pastry:
- 500g pack of pre-made puff pastry
For the filling:
- 450g mincemeat
- 4 egg yolks, beaten with a pinch of salt
- 55g caster sugar
How to make Mince Pies
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C / gas mark 6.
2) Roll out the pastry until it is 2mm thick. Stamp out 10 x 7cm rounds with a pastry cutter and put in the base of a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
3) Fill each case with two teaspoons of mincemeat and brush the edges with a little egg wash.
4) Stamp out 10 x 7cm in rounds for the lids and put on top of the mincemeat, sealing to the edges of the bases. Cut with a fluted 6cm pastry cutter for the finished shape. Brush the egg wash over the pies.
5) Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown. Sprinkle with the sugar and cool or serve warm.