Made this? How was it?
- 6 tbsp unsalted , room temperature
- 1/2 sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 sour cream
- 2 tbsp strong espresso
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch ground cinnamon
For the assembly:
- Pretzel twists for handles
- 2/3 cream
- Dark chocolate, for
How to make Mini Cappuccino Cakes
Preheat the oven to 325F and grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin.
Beat theand sugar together until well-combined, then beat in the egg. Stir the sour cream, espresso and vanilla together and add this to the mixture, well.
In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together. Add this to themixture and stir just until blended. Spoon or this into the prepared mini muffin tin and bake for about 18 minutes, until a tester inserted in the centre of a mini cake comes out clean. Cool the cakes in the tin before turning out.
To assemble, break or cut the pretzel twists so that the large curls can be stick into the side of each mini cake to replicate the handle of an espresso. or dollop a little cream on top of each mini cake and sprinkle with some chocolate. Chill to cupcakes up to 4 hours before serving.
The cakes can be stored, undecorated, in an airtight container for up to 4 days, or for 4 to 6 hours refrigerated, once topped.
- Rich Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Warm Peanut Butter Cookie Cakes
- Devil's Food Cake
- Strawberries and Cream Sponge Cake
- Chocolate Spice Cupcakes with Swirl...
- Lemon-Berry Meringue Cakes
- Angel Food Cake
- Lemon Berry Saucing Cakes
- Red Velvet Cake
- Hazelnut Dacquoise Torte
- Warm Gluten-free Maple Almond Chiff...
- Chocolate cake with a warm creamy c...