1) Make house seasoning by mixing ingredients together.
2) Prepare leeks by blanching in a pot of boiling water for 1 minute. Remove to an ice bath to chill. Set aside. When chilled, drain leeks.
3) Place oil in a deep fryer or fill a large, heavy-bottomed pan no more than halfway full with oil. Preheat the oil to 180C.
4) In a shallow bowl, stir together hot sauce and egg. Season chicken with house seasoning and then dredge in egg mixture. Coat chicken in self-raising flour.
5) When oil is at 180C, carefully place chicken into hot oil and deep fry for 7-8 minutes. Remove chicken with tongs and drain on kitchen paper. Spread each slice of bread with mayonnaise and place chicken drumette in centre. Fold bread around chicken and tie with a leek strip. Have extra hot sauce for dipping.