Made this? How was it?
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 110g pancetta,
- 1 medium-large onion,
- 3 cloves garlic, or finely
- 2 heads escarole,
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly nutmeg, to taste
- 1 (425g) can cannellini beans, drained
- 2 L chicken stock
- 720ml water
- 450g ground beef, pork and veal, meat loaf mix
- 1 large egg
- 2 handfuls bread crumbs
- Splash milk
- A handful Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus some to pass at table
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- A handful fresh parsley leaves, finely
- 100g mini penne or ditalini pasta
- 1 lemon, zested, for garnish
How to make Mini meatball minestra and grilled provolone
1) In a heavy bottomed soup pot heat olive oil over medium to medium-high heat. Add pancetta and cook until crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Add onions and 2 cloves of garlic and saute 4 to 5 minutes then add the escarole and wilt. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in beans, add stock and water and bring to boil.
2) While stock comes to a boil, combine meat, egg, bread crumbs, milk, a handful of cheese, fennel, allspice, parsley, salt and pepper. Combine and roll into 2.5-cm balls, and add to the soup. Cook 2 minutes then add in pasta and cook 6 minutes more. Turn off the heat, garnish with lemon zest and serve with cheese passed at the table.
- Gorgonzola filled meatballs, bay an...
- Veal and sage meatballs and pasta w...
- Spaghetti, meatballs and tomato bas...
- Meatball meatloaves
- Cauliflower soup and garlic and che...
- Steakhouse sliders and mini steak c...
- Sloppy lasagne
- Greens and andouille
- Cioppino: a fine kettle of fish
- Zuppa di pesce aua cagliaritana
- Butternut squash risotto
- Super scampi