Add depth of flavour to an array of slow-cooked meals with Knorr Stock Pots. Available in a range of flavours, from Chicken to Beef and Vegetable to Herb Infusion, these stock pots are quick and easy to use, melting in minutes.
Find Out More
1 tbsp vegetable oil
4 slices lean, smoky bacon, chopped
1kg minced sirloin
1 large onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsps tomato puree
450g tinned diced fire-roasted tomatoes
2 tbsps smoked sweet paprika for mild mole, or chilli powder for spicy mole, a couple of palmfuls
1 tbsp coriander, a palmful
2 tbsps unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Salt, if necessary
200g grated or crumbled extra-mature white Cheddar
1 small red onion, finely chopped
Hot pickled vegetables, drained, chopped, for serving
1) Put the chillies in a pot with the stock and bring to a boil over medium heat. Lower heat to a simmer until softened, about 10 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, heat the oil over medium-high heat in a casserole dish or soup pot. When the oil smokes, add the bacon and cook until crispy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the meat, raise the heat to high and brown for 8 minutes. Lower the heat a bit, add the onions and garlic and cook for 5 to 6 minutes to soften. Season the meat and onions with black pepper, to taste. (Hold off on the salt until the chilli is completed due to the addition of the bacon and the stock.)
3) Add the chillies with the stock to a food processor and puree until smooth. Set aside.
4) Add the tomato puree to the meat mixture, stir 1 minute, then pour in the ancho stock. Stir in the tomatoes, spices, cocoa and cinnamon. Simmer for a few minutes, adjust the seasoning and add a touch of salt, if needed.
5) Serve the chilli in shallow bowls topped with cheese, raw red onions and spicy vegetables.