- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1 small yellow onions
- 0.50 green bell peppers
- 0.50 celery
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ounces water
- 1 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 0.50 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
How to make Mom's American Chop Suey (1950's Basic)
- Clean and dice or chop the veggies as you like.
- Brown ground beef and onion in oil, drain and return to pan.
- Add remaining ingredients except pasta and mix. Simmer and stir.
- Prepare pasta per package, drain.
- Add to ground beef and mix well.
- Simmer 10 - 15 minutes. Add water if needed.
- Tastes even better the next day.
(Courtesy of Food.com)