2) Place on a cutting board and slice the sandwich diagonally, then hold together with long wooden picks. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
3) Preheat a deep-fryer to 180C. Beat the eggs and water in a medium shallow bowl. Place the panko breadcrumbs in another shallow bowl.
4) Remove the sandwich from the refrigerator. Dip into the egg wash, drain, and then coat the sandwich completely in the panko breadcrumbs.
5) Fry in hot oil until golden brown (about 45 seconds). Remove from the oil, drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve immediately with raspberry sauce.
For the raspberry sauce:
1) Mix together the raspberry jam and cranberry juice.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore we cannot make any representation as to the results.