1. Preheat the oven 180°C.
2. Prepare your loose bottomed 20cm diameter cake tin by lightly greasing with butter and dusting with flour.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add the eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
4. Sift together the flour, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda and add a pinch of salt.
5. Then fold into the butter mixture along with the coconut and cashew nuts.
6. Mash the bananas with the yoghurt and the vanilla extract and stir into the batter. Do not over mix.
7. Spoon into your prepared tin and bake on the middle shelf of your oven.
8. Bake for approximately 35-45 minutes, or until a skewer is inserted into the centre of the cake which comes out clean.
9. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for approximately 10 minutes in the tin and then transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
10. Serve on a cake plate, lightly dusted with icing sugar.