- 0.25 lime juice
- 1.50 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 soymilk
- 0.25 canola oil
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 0.50 teaspoon vanilla
- 0.75 granulated sugar
- 1.33 all-purpose flour
- 0.25 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 0.50 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.50 teaspoon salt
- 0.25 margarine
- 1 to taste green food coloring
- 2 sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch coarse salt
- 0.50 decorator sugar
How to make Mucho Margarita Cupcakes (Vegan)
- Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 F and line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Beat together lime juice, zest, soy milk, oil, tequila, vanilla and sugar.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Combine into the wet ingredients and mix until smotth.
- Fill liners about 3/4 fill. I use an ice-cream scoop. Baek 20-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Transfer cupcakes to a cooling ratck and cook completely before frosting.
- Icing: Blend margarine until soft and fluffy; stir in soy milk, lime juice, tequila and food coloring. Use only the tiniest bit of food coloring.
- Sift in 2 cups confectioners sugar and blend until smooth and creamy. Add additional confectioner sugar if the icing appears too liquidy. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spread icing on the cupckaes spreading all the way to the edges.
- Roll the outer edge of the cupcakes in the sugar crystals.
(Courtesy of Food.com)