2) Add in the black pepper, coriander, turmeric, cumin, nutmeg, cloves, garlic and ginger and process to a paste-like consistency.
3) Melt the butter in a large pan. Cook the onion until soft and golden, about ten to twelve minutes. Add the spice paste and lamb, and cook for five to seven minutes stirring often.
4) Add the tomato puree, stock and salt. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, and cook for 30 minutes.
5) Add the carrots, apples and potato and continue to simmer until the vegetables are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
6) Add the peas and cook for five minutes more. Serve and be hooked!
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore we cannot make any representation as to the results.