2) Place a saucepan on low-medium heat and fill it with the cream. Warm the cream until it begins to lightly and slowly boil. Add the warm cream to the chocolate and continually stir to melt the chocolate.
3) Once the chocolate has melted add the chilli powder and whisk until smooth and fully infused.
4) Immediately transfer to a fondue pot heated at low or serve directly from the bowl or in a small saucepan.
5) Arrange the dippers on a platter or plates around the chocolate pot. Use a fondue fork, bamboo skewer, seafood fork, or salad fork to dip the fruit pieces and other dippers into the hot melted chocolate mixture. Eat immediately.
* Cook's Note: If the fondue begins to feel a little stiff, add a tablespoon of warm heavy cream and stir.