Age Restricted Content
More Recipes You May Like
- 180g digestive biscuit crumbs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 100g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing the pan
For the cheesecake:
- 4 250g packs of cream cheese, room temperature
- 220g, plus 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp finely lemon zest
- 3 large whole eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 200g sour cream (full fat)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
How to make New York Style Cheesecake
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C.
2. For the crust, stir the graham crumbs, sugar and melted butter until evenly combined and press this into the bottom of an ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Bake this for 10 minutes, then cool. Brush the sides of the pan with a little melted butter.
3. For the cheesecake, increase the oven temperature to 200°C. Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add 220g sugar a little at a time, and scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl often. Beat in the cornstarch, vanilla and lemon zest. Beat in the eggs one at a time, on a lower speed, and scraping after each addition, then beat in the yolk. Still on low speed, beat in 3/4of sour cream. Scrape this over the cooled crust.
4. Bake the cheesecake for 10 minutes at 200°C and then reduce the oven temperature to 105°C and bake for 25 more minutes. Turn off the oven, and leave the cheesecake in for an hour, cracking the oven door after 30 minutes. While the cheesecake is baking, prepare the sour cream layer.
5. Stir the remaining sour cream with the remaining 2 tbsp of sugar and the lemon juice. Spread this over the top of the cheesecake as soon as it has come out of the oven. Allow the cheesecake to cool completely to room temperature, then carefully run a spatula around the outside of the cheesecake to loosen it from the pan, then chill the cheesecake for at least 6 hours before slicing and serving.
The cheesecake will keep, refrigerated, for up to 4 days.