2) Top the steaks with the butter and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Cook for another 2 to 4 minutes, depending on how you like your steaks done. Remove the steaks to a cutting board, cover them with foil, and let them rest whilst you cook the vegetables.
3) Carefully wipe out the pan and brush it with some more oil. Add the carrot, mangetout and cabbage. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder and cook until they are just tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add more oil, if necessary.
4) Add the bean sprouts and 1 tbsp soy sauce and cook just until the bean sprouts are warmed through.
5) Divide the vegetables between 2 serving plates. Slice the steaks and arrange them on top of the vegetables.
6) Put the remaining 2 tbsp soy sauce and the mirin into the pan over a low heat. Add the shallots, tomato and chili flakes and cook until the shallots have softened, about 2 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the steaks and garnish with coriander.