1) Heat barbecue to high. Heat a cast iron skillet until hot, but not smoking. Add the drippings, heat, and then the onions, garlic, jalapeno, wine, vinegar, cassis, grenadine and salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid mixture is thickened and jam-like, about 20 minutes.
2) Taste and season with honey, salt and pepper. Stir in the parsley, transfer to a bowl and let cool to room temperature.
For the warm potato salad with mustard vinaigrette:
1) Put the potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and season with 1 tablespoon salt. Bring to the boil and cook until tender when pierced with a knife. Drain, let cool for a few minutes and quarter
2) Whilst the potatoes are cooking, whisk together the drippings, vinegar, mustard, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil, and then stir in the chopped basil and parsley.
3) Add the warm potatoes and the bacon to the vinaigrette and gently fold to combine. Serve with the steak.
For the grilled NY strip:
1) Heat the grill to high. Mix together the salt, pepper and thyme in a small bowl. Brush the steaks with oil on both sides and season with the salt mixture. Grill steaks until golden brown and slightly charred on both sides and cooked to medium-rare doneness.
2) Just before the steaks are done, use a fork to mash the cheese with some of the cream, so that it is chunky but a bit creamy. Mound some on each steak, and let melt very briefly, so the steaks don't overcook. Remove to a platter and let rest 5 minutes before serving. Top with parsley sprigs and serve.