Made this? How was it?
For the Italian herb:
- 2 tbsp fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves
- 1/8 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp shallot
- 1 clove garlic,
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 165g good quality unsalted , room temperature
For the frico and crispy speck:
- 70g aged Montasio or Asiago cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 110g speck (smoked prosciutto), thinly and finely
For the burgers:
- 110g dry, hot capicola (coppa), thinly and
- Pinch fresh rosemary leaves, finely
- 560g minced steak
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 175g shredded fontina cheese
- 4 potato buns, split
- 4 tsp toasted pine nuts
- 100g wild rocket (or baby rocket)
How to make Northern Italian trattoria burger
1) For the Italian herb, in the bowl of a food processor, combine the parsley, basil, thyme, shallot, garlic, lemon juice and Dijon mustard and puree until smooth. Add the and pulse until well combined. Transfer to a small bowl and reserve.
2) For the frico, heat a large nonstick skillet over a medium-high heat. Sprinkle 1/2 the cheese into 2 circles about 11.5cm in diameter in the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes, then carefully flip with a spatula and cook for another 1 minute. Drain the frico on paper towels. Repeat with remaining the cheese.
3) Meanwhile, to make the speck, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add theof speck and cook until crispy, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet and drain on paper towels.
For the burgers:
1) Put the capicola and rosemary in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely . In a large mixing bowl, combine the capicola mixture, minced beef, salt, and pepper; mix well. Separate the mixture into 4 equal portions and form the portions into patties to fit the size of the buns.
2) Heat a large skillet or griddle pan over high heat. Add the patties to the skillet and cook for 3 1/2 minutes. Flip the burgers and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or to desired doneness. During the last few minutes of cooking, top the burgers with equal amounts of fontina cheese and tent with aluminium foil to melt cheese. Also, during last few minutes of cooking, toast the buns.
To assemble the burgers:
1) Spread a generous amount of Italian herb on the cut sides of the buns. On each bun bottom, arrange equal amounts of pine nuts, crispy speck, rocket, a burger topped with cheese, and a Frico. Cover with the bun tops and serve.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs cannot make representation as to the results.
- Braised pork ribs and italian sausa...
- Killer inside-out burger with Worce...
- Mini Welsh Beef Burgers with Gorgon...
- Hong Kong style noodles with chicke...
- Only in Essex steamer clam cakes wi...
- Roasted pineapple-ginger chicken wi...
- Hob Nob Hill: Old fashion chicken '...
- Chicken Marsala
- Prawn and salmon cakes
- Big Mama's kitchen: Oven fried chic...
- Steak au poivre
- Italian roast beef