1. Grease and line the base and sides of a 9 x 13” deep tin. A straight edged roasting tin is ideal. Preheat the oven to 160°C (fan)/180°C/Gas Mark 4.
2. Cream together the Stork and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the vanilla extract and the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
4. Sift in the flour and fold in until the mixture is blended.
5. Fill the prepared tin with the mixture and roughly level with the back of a spoon.
6. Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes until golden and springy or when a skewer is inserted in the middle it comes away clean. Cool in the tin for 30 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. From the chart select the number cake you will be making. Make up the cakes as directed, print and cut out the correct template]. Using a sharp serrated knife cut out the cake following the templates and place on a large cake board.
8. Beat together the Stork and icing sugar adding a little milk to create a smooth spreadable consistency.
9. Colour some of the icing green and use to coat the sides of the cake.
10. Using a grey coloured Icing coat the top of the cake to create the road.
11. Add more colouring to the remaining grey to darken it a couple of shades. Place in disposable piping bag and use to pipe the central and outside edge lines of the road.
12. Add the toy cars to the track and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Stork