Serves: 1 serving
1) Preheat griddle to high and oven to 180C/Gas 4.
2) In a medium bowl, combine Cajun seasoning, cayenne, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil. Rub mixture on both sides of the steak. In a saute pan, sear steak for 7 minutes on both sides. Place steak in a plastic bag to marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator. After marinating for 1 hour, remove steak from refrigerator and let sit for 15 minutes. Griddle steak for 12 minutes (6 minutes on each side). Remove from griddle with tongs and let rest for 8-12 minutes. Using a serving spoon, add orange bourbon glaze to steak.
Orange bourbon glaze:
1) In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, saute the shallots in 30g butter until caramelised. Whisk in the bourbon, oranges, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
2) Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and add beef stock. Simmer until mixture is a sauce-like consistency.
3) Remove glaze from heat. Whisk in the remaining 30g of butter.