1) Combine all of the ingredients for the paste in a food processor and blend. Set aside.
2) In a braising pot, heat oil and fry paste for about 3-4 minutes or until fragrant. Add the prawns and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
3) Deep fry the tim chok and dried bean curd skin over low-medium fire till lightly crispy. Set aside.
4) Add the lily flower, black fungus, dried mushrooms, sweet beancurd and cabbage to the paste, fry for another 2-3 minutes.
5) Add stock and bring mixture to boil. Lower heat, cover and let chap chye simmer for 8 minutes.
6) Add fried tim chok, dried beancurd skin and glass noodles and let it simmer for another 2 minutes.
Serve with steamed rice.