Made this? How was it?
- 6 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 medium yellow onions,
- 2 chillies, cleaned and
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 80g minced garlic, divided
- 120ml beer
- 120ml chicken stock
- 20g plain flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 120ml red wine vinegar
- 20g spring onions,
How to make Oak Town garlic vinegar chicken
1) Put 2 tbsp of the oil in a large saute pan over a medium heat and add the onions and chillies; saute for 3 mins until translucent. Add the chicken thighs and lightly brown.
2) Add 35g of the garlic and saute. Deglaze the pan with the beer and chicken stock. Cook for 3 to 5 mins, until chicken is 3/4 of the way cooked.
3) Remove the chicken from the saute pan, and set aside to cool, reserving the braising broth in the pan.
4) In a medium saute pan heat another 2 tbsp of the olive oil and lightly caramelise the remaining 45g of garlic. When done, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
5) In medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper, oregano, paprika and chilli powder. Combine thoroughly, add the cooked garlic and mix into a paste.
6) Take the cooled, cooked chicken and press the paste onto it. Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil in the pan used to cook the garlic and gently place the chicken in the pan. Lightly brown the chicken on both sides.
7) Simmer the reserved braising broth and add the red wine vinegar. When the chicken is cooked on both sides, pour the vinegar broth over it and simmer for 3 to 5 mins.
8) Serve the chicken and sauce hot, garnished with spring onions.